Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beauty Is Not Wrapper Deep


I found a fabulous website with beautiful cupcakes. I decided, after reading through a few recipe's that I was fully capable of baking a simple recipe for White Chocolate Cranberry Cupcakes. Doesn't that sound delicious?

Baking the cupcakes seemed simple. I followed the directions perfectly. The author of the blog using these quaint little Nut and Party cups as her cupcake wrapper. They make the cupcakes look so sweet; however, they are a little hard to eat out of. I had filled a few of the first cakes too much and there was some overflow, but most were looking scrumptious. They tasted delisious! I did run into a small problem. The cranberries seemed to fall to the bottom of the cupcakes. It's not bad, it made for a carmalized treat at the bottom of each cake. I think the next time I make these I'll coat the cranberries in flour and layer through the batter as opposed to folding them in as is.

So here's the catch: They look amazing and petite and delectable. Something about the batter isn't just right and they are very messy to eat. Now for the icing: The recipe had a list of ingredients that I purchased; however, when I went to mix it together some of the ingredients weren't in the directions! Most importantly, Philly Cream Cheese. I made my own version of cream cheese icing since the directions were lacking. I think the flavor takes away from the delcious morsels of cake.

I let them sit overnight in the refrigerator and they set up nicely. Out of the fridge they fall nicely in one piece out of the wrappers. I plan to take them to a small get together this evening and have my friends critique them. I will not give up.

No comments: