Thursday, July 24, 2008

When Cupcake's Go Bad

So I've been doing a lot of experimenting with baking. Every time I step into the kitchen things either go wonderfully correct or disastrously wrong. My chocolate chip cookies turned out the be some of the best I've ever made. Tonight I attempted Orange Blossom cupcakes. Again, I ran into the same problem: I don't read everything before I attempt the recipe. I did have all the ingredients. I couldn't attempt the frosting for the little cupcakes because it required a candy thermometer and I don't own one. There was no way I was going to attempt something that had to be heated to a specific temperature without the thermometer.
I made little mini cupcakes because I think they are cute. I didn't watch closely and they are little dry because they cooked too long. I got impatient and made mini cakes that are almost perfect but didn't cook long enough.

No comments: