Tuesday, February 10, 2009

PB and Choco Rice Krispie Treats


Because I'm stressed I can't stop baking. I'm running out of ideas and money on this hobby! I made this because I had all the ingredients and I needed something to occupy my time and my stomach. Fortunately for my weight, I packaged them all up (minus a few I ate) to send to my husband.

Eating these brings out the kid in me. Plus, anything with PB and chocolate is fine by me.

PB and Choco Rice Krispie Treats

1/2 a stick unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing the dish
10 ounces jumbo marshmalllows
3/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Melt butter over low heat in a large pot. Stir in marshmallows and cook until fully melted and no marshmallow bits remain. Stir in the peanut butter until combined. Poor mixture over the crispy rice cereal in a large bowl. Mix until mixture is distributed evenly throughout the cereal . Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Smooth out the tops of the treats and press down gently to form together. Set aside to cool. Once they are cool, melt the chocolate over low heat. Cut the treats into even squares and quickly just shallowly dip the top side of the treats into the chocolate. Place on wax paper, baking rack or dish to cool.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

i love all your recipes! thank you for sharing!