Saturday, January 17, 2009

I Love Oat Scotchies Cause Their So Delicious


I think I've been a little down with the searching for a job and wishing Pat was home. So, desperate times call for something sweet. I have been craving something comforting....something from my childhood. When I think of my favorite cookie I can think of no one I loved more than Oatmeal Scotchies.

Something about the combination of the oatmeal and the butterscotch that is so warm and comforting. Especially with the weather being so cold, the comfort was necessary.

Oatmeal Scotchies
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl beat butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add baking powder, baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt and cinnamon. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour and rolled oats.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.

No comments: