Monday, October 15, 2007

192 Days....Oh yeah, Did I say I am Moving to Italy???

It's officially 192 days until our wedding :)

Pat and I have been talking details and I feel like we're making some great progress. We now know where Pat is going to be stationed after we get married so that's a little less stress. Well, less and a little more. We just found out that we will be moving to Rome, Italy!!! I'm excited to be moving to another country and a little nervous. There is a lot to prepare for and we can't prepare for anything until Pat get's his official orders. There's no use in worrying over it. We'll have details when we need it and I'm just learning that God will take care of us no matter what. Needless to say I'm researching how best to learn Italian! I have some time so hopefully I can get a good foundation. I keep talking about going back to school so this is my chance. I probably won't be able to get a job while we're in Italy so I think I'm going to go back to school. I haven't decided what I want to study yet, but art history, literature and photography sound like great areas of study for Rome. I think I will have fun with this and hopefully be able to learn a lot!

Pat is past the halfway mark for his tour of duty and I can't wait for him to come home. Something like 5.5 months and he'll be home. I thought that the last part of his tour would be the easiest but I think it's harder so far. I suppose its because there is more to do for the wedding and there is little that he can be involved in from so far away.

I'm remaining surprisingly calm with the Italy news and the impending wedding. I suppose it's because I know we'll be together and, in the end, that's what really matters. The details of the wedding don't seem that important.

Please continue to keep Pat in your prayers. Oh yeah, keep me in them as well, who knows how long I'll remain this calm :)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

WHAT?!?!?! WOW!!!!
That is going to be an incredible part of your life - isn't it?! It is going to be hard, I bet...but what an experience. Wow...
Good luck my friend!
How are you?