Friday, October 05, 2007

Addiction

I watch a lot of TV. I'm not sure if I watch so much because I hear about it every day at work or if I'm just addicted. It's probably a staggering combination of both. This is the time of new television and it's devastating.

The networks Fall line-ups are out and everyone is watching to see what the next big hit is. Last years shows sucked me and kept me holding on for dear life. I can't abandon old favorites for the new hot trend. I have TV shows that I just can't miss: LOST (not back on until Jan.), Friday Night Lights, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, CSI, Heroes, House....already its too much television for one person to comprehend.

Thank GOODNESS for TiVo. Without such a device how can one aggressively watch too much pop culture crap???

So, back to my addiction....I give every show a shot. I know, I know, I should limit my time in front of the Tube. And I do. Like I said, I have a TiVo. So I record everything it watch it later. This season has presented some problems because there are too many shows I'd like to watch. Luckily I work in a business where people send me the Pilots so I can focus on time management and watch only the necessities.

If you don't have as much time as me, or even care to watch as much television as I do, I have listed below some of the must see television shows of this Fall season. Please read my reviews and understand that I care WAY too much about these characters lives probably to a fault. I talk about them as if I know them and pretend to understand their lives:

Chuck
Premise: The series is about an "average computer-whiz-next-door" who works at a standard electronics superstore. He receives an encoded e-mail from an old friend, a rogue CIA agent, which embeds the world's greatest spy secrets in his brain.

One of this seasons most humorous surprises. Please sit down to watch this one once. The show is laced with humor even in some of the most devastating situations. The CIA and NSA have operatives "watching" over Chuck as all sorts of rogue agencies try and 'take him out' because of the secrets he keeps in his head.

Journeyman
Premise:Dan Vasser is a San Francisco newspaper reporter and family man who inexplicably begins to travel through time and change people's lives. Along the way, he also must deal with the difficulties and strife at work and home brought on by his sudden disappearances.
However, his freewheeling travels through the decades reunite him with his long-lost fiance, Livia -- which complicates his present-day life with wife and their son.

I know, I know-WAY out there! This is like a modern day, quantum leap-ish type of show. Surprisingly captivating, the show transports you back in time with Vasser as he is sent on 'missions.' He is sent back to follow people and guide them on the correct path to better their life. There are a few twists set in place as he meets up with his former fiance who was expected to die in a plane crash. The show is shot well with great music. It's fun to watch him travel back to various decades and see how much things have changed.

Pushing Daisies
Premise: Ned works in a pie store and seems to lead a perfectly normal life. This, however, is far from the truth.Through his touch, Ned wake people from the dead. He decides to use this ability of his to solve crimes. But this proves complicated when he gives life back to his childhood crush, and decides to let her keep living.
I saved this show for last because it CAN NOT be missed!!! This is the BEST show this season! I know you think I'm crazy. You just read that premise and were completely turned off. I beg you, please don't pass this gem up. I too had the same reservations. But once you sit down to watch you will be immediately sucked in by its stunningly beautiful color scheme and won't be able to take your eyes away from its joyful character banter. Needless to say, this show will surprise you. The cast is expertly selected and the casual take on this life and death scenario with impress you. The cinematography is reminiscent of Tim Burton and the dialogue is quirky, to say the least. The show seems more like a major motion picture than a short television sitcom. You will most certainly be touched by its sentiment and unlikely humor. Pushing Daisies is MUST SEE television and will become a family favorite.

No comments: