Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Never Fail Oatmeal
I'm getting anxious.
My husband's ship comes home this week!
When I'm like this I have to bake. I wanted something comfortable, warm, chewy and tasty. I just bought a new tub of oatmeal and decided to make a classic oatmeal cookie. I don't really care for raisins so I used dried cranberries. Oh boy, they were delicious. So delicious in fact that when I had some friends and their family over for my birthday the bag of cookies mysteriously disappeared.....
I found out the next day at dinner at my friends house that her mother was hiding them in her bedroom drawer.
I feel honored that someone would want to ration and reserve my cookies.
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
*adapted from the Quaker Oats Can
1/2 pound Parkay (2 sticks)
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. ap flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. Quaker Oats Old Fashioned (uncooked)
1 c. dried cranberries
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together Parkay and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
4. Stir in oats and cranberries and mix well.
5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for about 1 minute on the cookie sheet.